WARNING: Using a mod may void eligibility for customer support from the game publisher.
For Tropico 5 v1.10
Fixes the upgrades to the Refinery when the deposit becomes depleted.Notes:
This mod fixes the Refinery so it finally behaves as it is intended. There has always been an issue with how the Bio Fuel and Coal Diesel upgrades work after the deposit is depleted. For the longest time neither upgrade produced anything once the deposit was depleted. Now, without this mod, Coal Diesel overproduces
and poor Bio-Fuel does nothing after deposit depletion unless Coal Diesel is also on. Coal Diesel overproduces because it allows the normal raw production cycles (that draw from the deposit) to continue to produce even after the deposit is gone.
With this mod the Refinery works as follows:
- Once all the deposits in range are depleted the raw production cycles will no longer produce anything even if Coal Diesel is on. This will REDUCE the production you are currently used to seeing from refineries with the Coal Diesel upgrade because it fixes the over production.
- Bio-Fuel will produce Natural Gas based on how many Plantation or Hydroponic Farms are in range. The range and production are both config variables. It will continue to produce even if the oil deposit is depleted.
- Coal Diesel will produce Oil from Coal. It will continue to produce even if the oil deposit is depleted.
- Download and install Mod Loader 2.4. Follow the instructions!
- If you are using Resource Manager then this mod needs to be loaded before it. This won't be an issue if you placed them in the correct folder and did not rename the files.
- Download this mod.
RefineryFix.zip [2.09 KiB]
Downloaded 556 times
- Unzip to your Tropico 5\ folder. Keep the directory structure!
- This mod's settings can be altered by installing and editing it's config file:
Config - RefineryFix.zip [376 Bytes]
Downloaded 381 times