It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Tropico Modding

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 3 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Resource Manager 3.1 - Updated Feb 28 2016
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Waterborne: Yes
Espionage: Yes
DarthPresidente wrote:
The mod is intended to be used with new games. If you are playing from a save game that was created before installing then you will probably have issues.

If you want to try and work with the save you have then try rebuilding your docks. Old docks by default will have all exports off and will not have the menu to adjust import export options.

Production buildings will probably also need to be rebuilt.

I tries this and is has very...small effect. Recreating buildings and docks has no effect. Looks like the game process is broken with mod on saved games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:08 pm 

Looks like facilities and plants (both old from save and new after loading save with mod) does not produce any goods. Their "Output" field are always "0".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 84 time
Resource manager will immediately send output goods. It's normal to see 0 goods.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

Waterborne: Hidden
Espionage: Hidden
Any fix for the warehouse issue? To provide further information, I imported a ton of cheap raw materials (Coal, Gold, Iron, etc) and stored them in warehouses with the expectation that I would use them later. I finally get around to building the structure that would use these resources, power plant and the like, but the resources are not sent from the warehouse, and the building which requires the resources remains idle. Even if I try to export the material by telling the warehouse to no longer store it, while turning on export at the dock, the material continues to sit in the warehouse.

This problem only seems to happen with imported resources. Produced resources can be moved and retrieved safely from warehouses.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Nanaki wrote:
Any fix for the warehouse issue? To provide further information, I imported a ton of cheap raw materials (Coal, Gold, Iron, etc) and stored them in warehouses with the expectation that I would use them later. I finally get around to building the structure that would use these resources, power plant and the like, but the resources are not sent from the warehouse, and the building which requires the resources remains idle. Even if I try to export the material by telling the warehouse to no longer store it, while turning on export at the dock, the material continues to sit in the warehouse.

This problem only seems to happen with imported resources. Produced resources can be moved and retrieved safely from warehouses.

I am not able to reproduce the issue you have described. Please provide more information and include a log file.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:20 pm 

Spoiler:
*** Debug::Init()

@ 15055, 1404
Mod Loader Registered Mods:
---------------------------
Mod Loader
By: DarthPresidente
Version: 2.4
Forced Labor
Version: 1.01
Magic Forest
Version: 2.0
More Power
Version: 2.0
Other-B-Gone
Version: 1.4
Real Estate Agent
Version: 1.0
Resource Manager
Version: 3.1
Resource Manager Dynamic Capacity Plugin
Resource Manager Standard Trucks Plugin
Road Rage
Version: 1.1
Sea Rage
Version: 1.2
---------------------------

@ 15211, 156
Platform: {
challenge_editor = true,
developer = false,
editor = true,
goldmaster = true,
kalypso_launcher = true,
pc = true,
steam = true,
}

@ 15850, 639
# 4940, 'CPU Task'
BuildingTweak ModPack: ModPack Sample(v1.0) by DarthPresidente's Apprentice loaded...
SourceFile: Mods/Tweaks/Sample.lua

- Through the Colonial and now WW2 era, I imported non-renewable resources when they were available for a bargain
- The resources imported and stored are Coal, Fish, Iron, and Gold. The warehouses also store a large quantity of produced resources, Iron, Logs, Planks, and Sugar.
- There are no production sites for any of the imported resources.
- Only Iron is being actively imported right now
- I have attempted to stop storing fish and export it (through both the warehouse and dockyard options), but the resources remain idle in the warehouse
- I have attempted to stop storing Iron in one warehouse and move it to a different warehouse, but the resources remain idle in the warehouse
- Further tests... have confirmed that the issue is caused by a specific warehouse which seems to not be exporting any resources stored inside it. This warehouse contains 36,000 coal, 30,000 fish, 52,000 gold, 101,000 Iron, 100,228 Logs, 100,408 Planks, 100,209 Sugar. This is the starting warehouse, but Resource Manager 3.1 was running when I started this game.
- There is a road connecting the dockyard, warehouse, and coal plant, and it is a fairly clear road (I have moved most export shipping to the other two sides of the island) so traffic is not the issue

Current running theory is that it might be related to an earlier bug I experianced (and fixed with the help of this forum) that involved a large quantity of trucks getting stuck. I believe the stuck now-phantom trucks (which are still there, even though the road was demolished) are likely preventing the warehouse from dispatching any additional trucks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Nanaki wrote:
Current running theory is that it might be related to an earlier bug I experianced (and fixed with the help of this forum) that involved a large quantity of trucks getting stuck. I believe the stuck now-phantom trucks (which are still there, even though the road was demolished) are likely preventing the warehouse from dispatching any additional trucks.
The log file you submitted is incomplete but I'll assume no errors were generated further down in the file. How exactly was the problem fixed with the help of this forum? What did you do exactly? If the problem is indeed one particular warehouse there is little that can be done to fix it.

I have uploaded two new plugins that might help you. Install both StuckTruck and SavedInventory. Edit the Resource Manager config file to set StuckTruckThreshold to 3. Load up your saved game. Let the game run for 6 months to see if the warehouse starts working again. If it does not you will have no choice but to destroy the offending warehouse. You shouldn't lose any of the inventory that is stored there. The Saved Inventory Plugin will instantly move it all to another warehouse. It will first try to move each resource to another warehouse that is set to store it. If it fails to find one it will pick the nearest warehouse. Once the goods are moved to that warehouse they will be distributed by truck to buildings that need it or the dock.

Because you have so many goods stored at this warehouse I highly suggest you make sure that another warehouse is set to store them or you will have a truck storm as it tries to empty goods from the new warehouse to the dock.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm 

Thanks! I thought I would have had to go back to a previous save before the warehouse's trucks got stuck.

DarthPresidente wrote:
The log file you submitted is incomplete but I'll assume no errors were generated further down in the file. How exactly was the problem fixed with the help of this forum? What did you do exactly? If the problem is indeed one particular warehouse there is little that can be done to fix it.

The one just before mine reported by xxx78, you posted a fix to apply to standardtrucks.lua.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:47 am 

Waterborne: No
Espionage: No
THIS FUCKING MOD DON T RUN!!!!! THE FUCKING PRODUCTION OF ALL FUCKING BUILDING IS AROUND 300-400 UNITS OUTPUT!!!THE DOCK DON T FUNCTION AND DONT EXPORT!!!!AND THE FACILITIES DO NEGATIVE BALANCE AND DON T WORKKKK!!!!!PLZ HELP!!!! I KNOW THIS POST IS OLD AS SHIT BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 am 
Participant

This mod only works on new games. Don't use it on old saved games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:26 pm 

Waterborne: No
Espionage: No
Didn't want to bump an old thread but I'm desperate. I'm playing a generated sandbox map (fresh game after copying over the mods) and things were going great. Producing huge amounts of Cotton and Cloth until the trucks just stopped moving. I fast-forwarded over a year, destroyed some buildings and added new roads. Tried disabling Cotton and Cloth Exports at my 6 docks (Bigger Boats enabled), enabled storing of Cotton and Cloth in my single empty warehouse to the south, changed the code to delete stuck trucks after 1 month. Nothing has worked so far. I could delete the farm and textile mill but I have hundreds of thousands of goods that I assume would be destroyed if I did that.

I do like the new warehouse system (Teamsters suck) so disabling the mod would be a last resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler:

Page 3 of 3 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]