It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Tropico Modding

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Building Tweak: School Radius and Students upgrade
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:40 am 

Have thanks: 2 time
WARNING: Using a mod may void eligibility for customer support from the game publisher.

School Radius and Students upgrade

High School and College can have 100 Students, range set to 5000.

Notes:

• Works in existing saved games, but you must build a new School building after installing this mod for it to take effect.

• If you change the settings (see below) you will have to create a new building for the new settings to take effect.

Instructions:

1. Download and install Mod Loader 2.0 (http://www.tropicomodding.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28&start=0). Follow the instructions!

2. Download and install Building Tweaks (http://www.tropicomodding.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15&start=0) . Follow the instructions!

3. Download this mod: Btweak Schools.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download/gs3c2 ... chools.zip)

4. Unzip to your Tropico 5\ folder. Keep the directory structure!

This mod's settings can be altered by changing the appropriate Values in the /Mods/Tweaks/Schools.lua file.

Thank you DarthPresidente and all others who spent so many hours researching the game data and making modding that easy.

Post subject: Re: Building Tweak: School Radius and Students upgrade
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:25 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Schools have a radius? how far (when using a huge island) is the normal range?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
The Range is originally 500, so those 5000 are x10. I suspect this has to do with what housing a family chooses.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:44 am 

Waterborne: Yes
Espionage: Yes
Hey whats up. I got this game for free when bought the laptop and Im playing now and its freaking addicting but..... Id like t ouse some mods and the only mods that have workeds so far is that mod that makes tanks go fatser and teamsters go faster. I tried mod loader and does nothing, tried res. manager and sc***ed up the game, factories would b full of input, working, but no output. Deleting buildings would leave said buildings unusable (black color with the bomb icon). Docks being full of input and not outputting. I usually delay advance in eras until I feel comfortable with advancing so I stayed a few years in world wars and went almost 800k before advancing with a good import/export system that only used the spare ships and great production-exporting system that usually is my main. I had more or less 2 cigar factories maintainedb y two tobacco farms, 3 sugar farms (due to terrain) for two distilleries, cocoa, fish, and 2 meat ranchers which maintained the canned goodies. oysters, etc, etc. Id love to try some mods but I could use a hand on installing them ( not like I havent tried the tutorial of mod loader mind you) or maybe these mods are simply outdated I dunno. if anyone decides t oanswer and land a hand Id b very thankful. Good Day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:19 am 
Industrialist

Have thanks: 3 time
danyD. wrote:
Hey whats up. I got this game for free when bought the laptop and Im playing now and its freaking addicting but..... Id like t ouse some mods and the only mods that have workeds so far is that mod that makes tanks go fatser and teamsters go faster. I tried mod loader and does nothing, tried res. manager and sc***ed up the game, factories would b full of input, working, but no output. Deleting buildings would leave said buildings unusable (black color with the bomb icon). Docks being full of input and not outputting. I usually delay advance in eras until I feel comfortable with advancing so I stayed a few years in world wars and went almost 800k before advancing with a good import/export system that only used the spare ships and great production-exporting system that usually is my main. I had more or less 2 cigar factories maintainedb y two tobacco farms, 3 sugar farms (due to terrain) for two distilleries, cocoa, fish, and 2 meat ranchers which maintained the canned goodies. oysters, etc, etc. Id love to try some mods but I could use a hand on installing them ( not like I havent tried the tutorial of mod loader mind you) or maybe these mods are simply outdated I dunno. if anyone decides t oanswer and land a hand Id b very thankful. Good Day.

1) Is your game the correct version?
2) Have you installed the mods correctly?
3) if the above answers are 'YES' please provide a log file so we can try solve the problems better

For log files, please see this Thread

Post subject: Re: Building Tweak: S.R. and S.U. (Industrialist)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:40 am 

Hello there. Thank you for your reply, if U red my post carefully U'd understand that I may have or not installed it properly although I did follow a tutorial post with images in how to install it and how it should look after installation. This was for mod loader. About mods, I truly dont know, I copy-paster the lua files into the mods folder but thats it. I dont know if they should have gone in a subfolder or just inside "mods" folder. I got s ofrustrated by this that after it didnt work I copy pasted the mods in "mods" folder in each of its subfolders. After that it still didnt work so I did what in tutorial said "not to be done" I copy paster them into CommonLua folder. But now Im thinking that I did this at the installation folder of the game should I have perhaps put the "mods" folder in the appdata/local/tropico 5 folder instead?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:44 am 

pheonixx wrote:
danyD. wrote:

3) if the above answers are 'YES' please provide a log file so we can try solve the problems better

Hello there. Thank you for your reply, if U red my post carefully U'd understand that I may have or not installed it properly although I did follow a tutorial post with images in how to install it and how it should look after installation. This was for mod loader. About mods, I truly dont know, I copy-paster the lua files into the mods folder but thats it. I dont know if they should have gone in a subfolder or just inside "mods" folder. I got s ofrustrated by this that after it didnt work I copy pasted the mods in "mods" folder in each of its subfolders. After that it still didnt work so I did what in tutorial said "not to be done" I copy paster them into CommonLua folder. But now Im thinking that I did this at the installation folder of the game should I have perhaps put the "mods" folder in the appdata/local/tropico 5 folder instead? Edit -- How do I check game version? It may sound silly asking this but I havent seen it in opening screens or main menu or game itslef or pause menu. Any hints? again, thank you and good day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:19 am 
Industrialist

Have thanks: 3 time
danyD. wrote:
pheonixx wrote:
danyD. wrote:

Hello there. Thank you for your reply, if U red my post carefully U'd understand that I may have or not installed it properly although I did follow a tutorial post with images in how to install it and how it should look after installation. This was for mod loader. About mods, I truly dont know, I copy-paster the lua files into the mods folder but thats it. I dont know if they should have gone in a subfolder or just inside "mods" folder. I got s ofrustrated by this that after it didnt work I copy pasted the mods in "mods" folder in each of its subfolders. After that it still didnt work so I did what in tutorial said "not to be done" I copy paster them into CommonLua folder. But now Im thinking that I did this at the installation folder of the game should I have perhaps put the "mods" folder in the appdata/local/tropico 5 folder instead? Edit -- How do I check game version? It may sound silly asking this but I havent seen it in opening screens or main menu or game itslef or pause menu. Any hints? again, thank you and good day.

If you load up the game and select Credits at the main menu it will state the game version in the bottom left corner. Some mods only work with specific versions of the game.

Mods are installed by placing the .lua files into the same named folders within the Tropico 5 directory. However, some mods when extracted go into a subfolder with the mods name so you will have to open the folders to find the .lua files.

Common rule of installing mods are as follows:

Mod folder .lua placed in Mods directory
CommonLua .lua placed in CommonLua directory

Any exceptions to the above are usually evident when you go to move the .lua files after extracting (recommended to extract to downloads folder then manually place in the correct places).

If you can post a log file(click on the word 'Thread' in my previous post to find out where to find them) we can then see whether mod loader is being loaded along with any other errors that may be occurring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:38 pm 

Greetings Industrialist, I uninstalled - reinstalled the mod loader and other mods and created a new game just to create a new log because there were so many logs that I dint know which one was the one I needed. After a few hours of gaming here is the requested log. If this is no good to you then perhaps I will need to upload save-games and log folder. >>>> Edit.... I would like to know if there is anything that can be done to make tropico 5 use 60-70% or my ram other than only 17-19% which is 8gb ddr3. Thank you for your time and Good evening.

Name: D:\Games\Tropico 5 - Complete Collection\Tropico5Steam.exe
Timestamp: 55f050b9
Date: Wed Sep 09 17:31:05 201

*** hardware info
CPU AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
CPU count 2
Phys. Memory 7367 MBytes
Memory In Use 22%
Disk Free 292589 MBytes

*** OS info
Windows 7 or later
Version 6.2.9200
MyDocs folder: C:\Users\DanyD\Documents
AppData folder: C:\Users\DanyD\AppData\Roaming
Current folder: D:/Games/Tropico 5 - Complete Collection

*** Debug::Init()

@ 3235, 1219
Mod Loader Registered Mods:
---------------------------
Mod Loader
By: DarthPresidente
Version: 2.4
BigHugeDeposits
Version: 2.1
Other-B-Gone
@ 3250, 15
Version: 1.3
Smart AutoDestroy
Version: 1.2

@ 3579, 329
Platform: {
challenge_editor = true,
developer = false,
editor = true,
goldmaster = true,
kalypso_launcher = true,
pc = true,
steam = true,
}

@ 5704, 2125
# 1764, 'CPU Task'
BuildingTweak ModPack: ModPack Sample(v1.0) by DarthPresidente's Apprentice loaded...
SourceFile: Mods/Tweaks/Sample.lua

@ 6235, 531
# 2036, 'Lua'
Lua revision: 197102
Assets revision: 19742
Steam AppID: 245620
@ 6250, 15
Loading account storage...
@ 6719, 469
Account storage loaded successfully in 465 ms
@ 21532, 14813
# 3392, 'Render'
VideoImpl::ReadFrame: read frame header size dont match IVF_FRAME_HDR_SZ. end of movie maybe...
@ 37125, 15593
# 1764, 'CPU Task'
VideoImpl::ReadFrame: read frame header size dont match IVF_FRAME_HDR_SZ. end of movie maybe...
@ 37282, 157
# 2036, 'Lua'
DLC dlc1 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc10 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc2 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc3 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc4 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc5 loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC dlc6 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc7 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc8 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc9 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC espionage loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC maps1 loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC steam loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC waterborne loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC dlc1 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc10 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc2 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
@ 37297, 15
DLC dlc3 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc4 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc5 loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC dlc6 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc7 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc8 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC dlc9 loaded, lua revision 197717, assets revision 19799
DLC espionage loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC maps1 loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC steam loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
DLC waterborne loaded, lua revision 198953, assets revision 19806
@ 38719, 1422
Mod Loader Registered Mods:
Mod Loader
Version: 2.4
BigHugeDeposits
Version: 2.1
Other-B-Gone
Version: 1.3
Smart AutoDestroy
Version: 1.2

@ 41469, 2750
BuildingTweak ModPack: ModPack Sample(v1.0) by DarthPresidente's Apprentice loaded...
SourceFile: Mods/Tweaks/Sample.lua

@ 42172, 703
New UI mode "Game" set in 0 ms
@ 43032, 860
# 1764, 'CPU Task'
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 103
@ 74282, 31250
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 24
@ 86000, 11718
# 2036, 'Lua'
[LUA ERROR] attempt to index local 'poi' (a nil value)
Tropico5/Lua/Sequences/POISequenceActions.lua(181): method Exec
CommonLua/Classes/Sequences/SequenceListPlayer.lua(338): method ExecuteSequence
CommonLua/Classes/Sequences/SequenceListPlayer.lua(280): <>
--- end of stack
@ 86016, 16
[LUA ERROR] HGE::l_Step: ptPos.IsValid()
CommonLua/Movable.lua(88): <>
(tail call)(-1):
Tropico5/Lua/Game/Unit.lua(867): method GoToRandomPos
Tropico5/Lua/Game/Dynasty.lua(368): method RoamAround
Tropico5/Lua/Game/Dynasty.lua(361): local cmd
CommonLua/Classes/CommandObject.lua(80): <>
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
Tropico5/Lua/Game/Citizen.lua(1851): local cmd
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
@ 86032, 16
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
(tail call)(-1):
--- end of stack
@ 86094, 62
Map changed to "Maps/Cabinet". Lua memory in use: 22880 KB.
@ 370907, 284813
Deleting collection Cabinet (9834)
@ 371500, 593
Map changed to "". Lua memory in use: 21328 KB.
@ 371625, 125
# 1764, 'CPU Task'
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 121
@ 389813, 18188
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 2
@ 408875, 19062
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 2
@ 442985, 34110
# 3392, 'Render'
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 1
@ 443016, 31
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 1
@ 443032, 16
# 1764, 'CPU Task'
@ 462047, 19015
# 2036, 'Lua'
Map changed to "Maps/FREE_GranMano". Lua memory in use: 23760 KB.
@ 3925547, 3463500
Deleting collection Cabinet (9834)
@ 16448422, 12522875
Map changed to "". Lua memory in use: 26210 KB.
@ 16448891, 469
# 1764, 'CPU Task'
VideoImpl::ReadAndDecodeFrame: skipped frames: 127
@ 16451250, 2359
# 2036, 'Lua'

Stopping the game threads from the Lua side.

# 3392, 'Render'

Stopping the game threads after receiving WM_QUIT.

@ 16452032, 782

*** Debug::Done()
Time (ms) 16452032

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 pm 

Waterborne: No
Espionage: No
Is there a max value for either capacity or radius? Like if I put in some arbitrary number like 3000000 does it break the mod or just automatically set itself to the max possible?

BTW, thanks for all the work everyone has put into these mods. I just found this site but so far I'm really appreciating all the hard work and efforts!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]